If you have been asking yourself: How can I naturally boost my mood? What foods give you energy and boost your mood? Read on below to find out how you can naturally boost mood and energy and which foods and natural remedies can help you reduce stress and anxiety.
7 Ways to Boost your Mood and Energy
At certain points of our life we face many challenges and it’s critical to keep our spirits high and take part in activities which positively affect our mind and body.
- Socialize. Start socializing with positive people. Make it a goal to get out of your house at least once a week to meet a friend and gradually start building your social network. Spending time with empowering people will naturally boost your mood.
- Eat healthy. Eliminate processed food, consume more veggies and fibre, increase your protein intake and drink more water. Avoid sugar as much as you can as it reduces your energy levels, impacts your mood and causes anxiety.
- Keep your brain engaged. Read fiction books. Learn something new every day. Take online classes. At the end of the day empty your mind with a daily journal.
- Get adequate sleep. Sleep at least 7.5 hours each night. Lack of sleep has been linked to depression, delirium, increased risk of infections and cancer. By getting adequate sleep you will improve your memory, improve your immune system, improve learning and problem-solving abilities and naturally boost your mood and energy.
- Stay physically active. Daily exercise is extremely important and only 30 minutes of daily exercise can help you reduce stress and anxiety, improve blood flow to your brain and boost your mood. So, go for a walk, lift those weights or try out some online fitness classes.
- Keep yourself healthy. Take regular breaks at work to maintain your energy and practice meditation, go for a walk, read or talk to your friends. Find a way to enjoy the things that you are doing. Create a morning routine to kickstart your day that will get you excited about your life and boost your mood and energy levels.
- Avoid media as much as you can. It is important to know what is going on, but the media is full of negative news that affects your mental health. Schedule 15 minutes a day to go over the most important news to stay informed.
Most of all, take it easy on yourself. Keep this list in mind and always remember that life is supposed to be fun.
What foods give you energy and boost your mood?
Most people underestimate the effect their nutrition has on their health and overall well being. Here’s the list of foods that can naturally boost your mood and energy:
Vegetables that include spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, parsley and mushrooms. Beans and lentils are a great source of vitamin B that will boost your energy levels.
Fish is high in omega 3 that is needed for your brain health. Recommended fish are sardines, mackerel, herring and salmon.
Nuts and seeds, such as almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds will help you boost your mood.
Bananas are high in B6 vitamins that will increase your serotonin levels.
Fermented foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut and kefir promote the growth of ‘good’ gut bacteria that are essential for your mood and brain health.
Oatmeal is a great option for breakfast as it provides a lasting release of energy and keeping your mood and blood sugars stable.
On a personal note, I would like to mention that green smoothies, oily fish and nuts and seeds have had a great impact on my mood levels and were critical in my battle against anxiety. I recommend you to start a day with a freshly brewed coffee and a green smoothie to kickstart your day. For the ones who are dieting, especially on the keto diet, I must mention that this diet has physical benefits but is not ideal for the people battling with stress and anxiety.
What natural remedies can help you reduce stress and anxiety?
While there is not a single natural remedy or pill that you can take to reduce your stress and anxiety, there are many researches suggesting that the following supplements can highly affect your mood and energy levels when combined with the above tactics:
Omega 3 fish oils. If you suffer from low mood, supplementing with fish oil is highly recommended. Studies have shown that people who have been taking omega 3 have significantly reduced their symptoms of anxiety and depression.
B complex, Vitamin D, Zinc and Magnesium. These are considered to be important nutrients for regulating mood and reducing anxiety and depression.
5 HTP. 5 HTP is a great option for increasing serotonin levels.
St John’s Wort. This herb is a natural remedy that has been used for centuries to treat low mood levels and anxiety with powerful antidepressant properties.
If you want to beat stress and anxiety follow the steps above. Implement above activities to naturally boost mood and energy. Provide your body with nutrients that are required to optimize your physical and mental functions. And lastly, try out the above natural remedies can highly affect your mood and energy levels.
How To Deal With PMS
There are a number of physiological differences between men and women, the most important difference, from the fitness and dietary side, is the menstrual cycle….
How To Increase Fertility After 35
In addition to health and genetic problems, fertility after 35 in both men and women is significantly affected by a number of environmental factors. Therefore,…
5 Benefits Of Practicing Yoga In Difficult Times
In the last few years, yoga has become more popular. Especially in the last year when pandemics started and this is completely understandable because yoga…
Simple Ways to Speed up Your Metabolism
Do you wonder why the scale doesn’t move even if you are doing everything right? You are exercising and following a diet, but there’s no…